Developed in the 1830s as part of the 1822 Raffles Town Plan for Chinatown, Amoy Street was once lined with businesses which included opium-smoking dens that catered to sailors and traders as it was near the shore. The street was probably named after the Hokkien immigrants who came from Amoy, a port in Fujian Province, China to settle in Singapore.
It was also where the first Anglo-Chinese School in Singapore is located and home to a Chinese free school, Cui Ying School, which was established in 1854. And for that, Amoy Street was also once known as Free School Street.
Even though Singapore has grown over the years and the original residents of the area including their descendants have now resettled in new towns all over the country, the street is still as busy as before with Amoy Street Food Centre and Siang Cho Keong Temple located at one end and a wide variety of food establishments, offices and retail businesses in between, including 53 and 54 Amoy Street.
The twin properties are located strategically in close proximity to the hawker centre and temple. A new patisserie and fancy cafe Luna just opened in this corner so be sure to visit them and we guarantee you’re in for a treat!
|Floor||Unit||Area SQ M||Area SQ FT||Status|
|2nd Floor (53)||Office||67.5||726.5||Tenanted|
|2nd Floor (54)||Office||65.6||706.1||Tenanted|
*Floor area with surveyor’s endorsements. Floor plan available upon request.